1. The first day of summer rolls in later this week. What are ten things you’d put on your list of quintessential summer activities? Will you try to manage all ten this summer?
1. Go on a mini vacation
3. Walks on the beach
4. Walking the trial alongside the Withlacoochee River
5. Going on a few day trips with my daughter or son
6. Eating lots of watermelon and fruit salads
7. 4th of July fireworks
8. Riding my bike
9. Going to flea markets/yard sales
10. Going to the drive in
Yes, I think I can do all 10.
2. Do you collect seashells when you’re at the beach?
Yes, have since I was a teenager
What do you do with them once you get them home?
I have some sitting next to my computer and some that go into display cases.
What’s your favorite place to comb for seashells?
I get shells from the beaches around where I live, don’t have a favorite
How many of these ‘best beaches for hunting seashells’ have you visited?
Couldn’t get the link to load correctly, but I’ve been to a lot of beaches in Florida, and a few in California & North Carolina.
Which one would you most like to visit?
Calvert Cliffs State Park (Maryland), Jeffrey’s Bay (South Africa), Sanibel Island (Florida), Shipwreck Beach (Lanai Hawaii), Ocracoke Island (North Carolina), Galveston Island (Texas) and The Bahamas
I’d like to visit Jeffrey’s Bay, Shipwreck Beach, and The Bahamas
3. At a snail’s pace, shell out money, come out of your shell, go back into your shell, drop a bombshell, happy as a clam, clam up…which ‘shell’ phrase could most recently be applied to some event or circumstance in your life? Explain.
Shell out money certainly applies to my life right now. We’re remodeling a house in a nearby town, and keep adding more and more to the list. I can’t wait until it’s done and we can finally move.
4. What summer activity do you dislike? Why?
Golf. I never understood why someone would spend so much time out in the heat and humidity, hitting a ball and then chasing it to hit it again, over and over. I’d rather be riding my bike, walking a trail. Even though I wouldn’t golf, I do enjoy a quick game or two of putt-putt with my kids and grandkids though
5. What’s something you see as quickly becoming obsolete? Does that bother you?
There are two drive-ins near me, one a 5 min. drive, the other about 30 min. When I was a kid there were drive-ins in just about every city. Now there are just a few here and there. I’m hoping the ones that are still open stay open for many many years. It will definitely bother me if they aren’t.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I don’t understand why people are in such a big hurry all the time. When I was growing up people were so much more laid back. We still did the same things…work, school, sports, girl/boy scouts etc. We did it all at a much slower pace, and I don’t understand why today it’s rush, rush, rush. If someone does know, please let me know.