1. The Hodgepodge lands on June 14th this week, Flag Day in the US of A. Do you fly your country’s flag at home? Sometimes, often, or every single day? Have you ever visited the city of Brotherly Love (Philadelphia)? Did you make a point of seeing The Betsy Ross House? Have you ever made a trip to Baltimore? If so, was Fort McHenry on your itinerary? (where Francis Scott Key was inspired to write The Star Spangled Banner)
We don’t fly a flag where we live now, but the house we’re moving to has a flag pole and we plan on flying one there. I’ve visited Philadelphia but didn’t see Betsy Ross House, haven’t been to Baltimore.
2. Red flag or white flag? Which have you encountered most recently? Explain.
A bit of both. Our house remodel is taking so much longer than expected, but I’m not giving up.
3. Are you a stay in the car listen to the end of a song kind of person? What kind of person is that?
I’m usually listening to an audiobook, not songs. I’ve been known to finish a paragraph or two before turning the car off. Not sure there is any one definition of what kind of person stays in the car to listen to the end of a song. People are too diverse and there are many reasons a person would do it.
4. What are some of the traits or qualities you think a good dad possesses? In other words, what makes a good dad? What’s an expression you associate with your father?
A good dad listens to his children and spends quality time with them and teaches them through his own actions, and always makes them feel loved. My dad was always singing “You’ll never know dear, how much I love you”.
5. What’s one rule you always disagreed with while growing up? Is that rule somehow still part of your adult life? Is that a good or bad thing?
I don’t remember a rule that I disagreed with. My childhood was pretty amazing. And I’m a “go with the flow” type of person.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m a movie addict, so I find it strange that I’ve never seen so many of the greats, like The Godfather 1 or 2, Citizen Kane, Mary Poppins. I did dvr both Godfathers last week so I plan on watching them soon.