1. “The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea.” (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? Of the three, which has ‘cured’ you most recently?
I totally agree, the sea is always a good choice!
2. What’s something you can’t eat without salt? Do you normally salt your food a lot, a little, or not at all?
Potatoes, tomatoes, and avocado. I love them, but they’re so much better with salt. And I eat a lot of tomatoes and avocado by themselves, so they need some salt. Other than that I don’t salt anything, and I haven’t used salt when cooking for years.
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand…which sandy phrase could best be applied to something in your life right now?
Draw a line in the sand
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme?
Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? How so?
I ran my day. I got a few things done that I’ve been putting off. It felt good to git er’ done.
6. You’re on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran?
In a beach chair, listening to, watching, and smelling the sea
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted?
Our loved ones
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My bedroom is next to the road. All night long cars speeding up and down the road would wake me up. And then the guy across the road thinks he has to rev his car up for a few minutes before peeling out of his driveway. Even with the fan on (I’ve slept with a fan on since I was about 6, quiet is so loud in my head it drives me nuts) I was still waking up. So a few weeks ago I was telling my son I was so aggrevated about being woke up so many times a night. He told me to get a sound machine. I did, and I love it! I usually listen to the rain or white noise and I’m sleeping so much better. Do you need noise when you sleep?