Hosted @ Kissin Blue Karen
This week the prompt is: Things I miss about being a kid
Oh man, where do I start? Ok, these are in no particular order.
1. School. I miss everything about going to school. I miss being in class and learning new things, having lunch in the lunch room, and even though I still keep in touch with most of my friends from 1st grade up, I miss being with them in person, having sleep overs and going to the mall on Saturdays with my 2 bff’s.
2. Going camping and on vacations with my mom, dad, and brother.
3. Playing baseball, riding bikes, going to the roller rink, movies etc. with all the neighborhood kids.
4. Getting to live all over Ohio. My mom and dad owned a house in Columbus, but for a few years my dad’s job sent him to other cities in Ohio. So during summer vacation he would rent us a house wherever he was working and we’d spend the summer there. It was a lot of fun getting to explore all the differnt places.
5. Being a Girl Scout and everything we did together.
6. Spending time with my mom and dad, especailly on the weekends.
7. Having my brother and two of my sisters (the oldest got married when I was 3 and lived nearby) live in the same house. We had some really fun times.
8. Holidays. The whole family would get together every holiday and it was so much fun.
9. I miss my dog Buffy. He was an American Eskimo and was a beautiful loving dog. I miss spending time with him, throwing his ball and just cuddling with him.
10. I miss living at the lake. We could fish off our dock, go out in the boat, swim, and most winters the lake froze far enough out that we could go ice skating.